[mythtv-users] Native lirc not working

MythTV-at-C4L davidc-mythtv at connect4less.com
Mon Mar 22 11:39:45 EST 2004

I've looked at some recent posts, but no one has replied to the ones
relating to this issue.

I've installed myth from CVS as of a few days ago, but I can't seem to
get native lirc support to work.  "irw" works correctly, the modules are
loaded and lircd is running, but Myth doesn't seem to see the device:

mythtv: could not connect to socket
mythtv: No such file or directory
lirc_init failed for mythtv, see preceding messages

[mythtv at pvr1 mythtv]$ ps -ef | grep lircd
root      3501     1  0 Mar21 ?        00:00:00 lircd

[mythtv at pvr1 mythtv]$ /sbin/lsmod | head
lirc_i2c                5124   0
lirc_dev               10096   1 [lirc_i2c]