[mythtv-users] Just Starting

Brian January mythtv at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 22 19:30:08 EST 2004

I just received my two PVR-250's from the guy selling them for $88 on Ebay, they look like the right revision so hopefully everything will go smoothly. I am just looking for any suggestions, tips, advice, etc.... before I get started. The following is the system specs, I think getting the video out to work is going to be the biggest challenge.

Intel P III 550 MHz
512mb Ram
ECS AG315P 64MB (supports TV-out)
2 PVR-250's (48432)
80 gig HD
16x DVD drive
Netgear 802.11g wireless network

I am planning on going with Fedora Core 1. I still have not decided on the remote, I am thinking either the microsoft media center remote or streamzap because both come with USB receiver. My only serial port is going to be used to control the digital cable box hopefully.

Anyone have any experience with this video card?
Will I be able to watch live TV and record with out skipping?
Recommendations on the remote?

Thanks in advance for any tips.