[mythtv-users] recording on two PVR250 or 350 inputs at once?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 23:56:48 EST 2004

Khanh Tran wrote:
> So what if I just wanted to watch vido from one input while recording
> off the tuner or the s-video input.  Is this possible?   Or is it
> technically still recording anyway?
>
> -Khanh

You can't do this.  Anything you get from the card has to come through
the MPEG encoder, which can only handle one stream at a time.  Even with
the analog V4L cards, which don't have encoders, only one stream at a
time is sent to the PCI bus.

Think of it as a A/B switch... turning on one input effectively turns
off the other.  You can only use one at a time.

-JAC