[mythtv-users] recording on two PVR250 or 350 inputs at once?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Mar 24 07:58:14 EST 2004

> So are there any cheap alternatives to a full PVR250/350 that
> has only s-video and rca audio inputs and a hardware encoder?
>  I'm thinking along the lines of my digital cable box and the
> remote, IR receiver and tuner aren't necessary for this source.

Hardware encoded, no. There are quite a few software encoded boards that can
be had quite cheaply but they will require quite a bit of computing power to
capture at full resolution. Check the v4l (Video for Linux) project for a
list of compatible boards. As an alternative you could check on eBay. There
have been quite a few sold on there.