[mythtv-users] Re:Re:M179 vs. PVR-250. was: ivtv firmware 2.02 or 1.9 ?

Dennis Hand 4hands at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 16:31:34 EST 2004

One other test that I've done among others is that I've installed just a plain vanilla kernel and compiled ivtv-0.1.9 with no patching what so ever and the S-Video looks as good if not better than my PVR-250. Just no sound. It would use input 8 by the way. As soon as I patch the driver is where the problems start. I did find a temporary workaround using S-Video but it wouldn't survive a rmmod or a reboot. Has anyone noticed this as well?

Dennis