[mythtv-users] Recommended CPU speed

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Wed Mar 24 17:11:02 EST 2004

What's everyone's thoughts on the CPU speed requirements for MythTV and
DVD playing?  I've settled on the PVR250 for encoding, and it seems
there are happy users with <2GHz processors.  I've even seen some
Celeron users.  I was thinking of getting a 2.6GHz Celeron, but I've
never had a Celeron.  The small cache makes me nervous.  Anyone getting
good results with a Celeron watching DVDs, live TV and MPEG4 streams?  I
assume MP3s are fine...

-Khanh