[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Mar 25 04:56:42 EST 2004

Hello,

Shortly after recording and when idle, mythbackend (stable) sometimes
crashes and dies. I can't be sure of reproducing it on demand. On one
occasion it was when I tried to delete a recording (not reproducible,
may have been a coincidence). It might be related to recording to
shows simultaneously?

Nothing of interest is logged in the log file. The last messages this
time were:

2004-03-25 18:30:00 Changing from RecordingOnly to None
2004-03-25 18:30:00 Changing from RecordingOnly to None
2004-03-25 18:30:02 Found changes in the todo list.
2004-03-25 18:30:06 Started recording "Today Tonight" on channel: 12001 on cardid: 9, sourceid 12

This show was never recorded.

Would it be most constructive use of my time if I try to debug the
problem (what is the best way of doing this? It seems to be different
each time) or upgrade to the latest CVS version?
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>