[mythtv-users] Via Chipset on Backend + non Via on Frontend = Live TV?

Adrian Byng-Clarke adrianbc at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 25 07:30:30 EST 2004

Hi,

I've got myth setup on a machine with a VIA (KT133) chipset. This makes
things pretty unstable while watching live TV. The frontend might freeze up
after a few seconds or a few minutes but this always happens.

I want to set up a remote frontend (probably an Xbox) which obviously
doesn't have the VIA chipset.

Can I expect decent stability and performance with this arrangement or are
there problems inherent to the VIA chipset even if it is on the backend? I'm
especially concerned with watching live TV, which has proven to be a problem
on my myth server.

Adrian