[mythtv-users] Partial Success with EPIA V10000/PVR350

KMF katoom at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 25 07:50:07 EST 2004

Howdy!

On 2004.03.24 11:48, Shawn Edwards wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem on my M10K system.  I just thought it
> was due to something stupid I was doing with my gentoo build (I'm a
> gentoo newbie).

  Well, the problem could easily be something stupid that *I'm*
 doing.

> Any help is appreciated and if I find something that helps I'll post
> it.

  I wasn't making progress so since it was just VGA output I moved
 on to getting TV-out on the PVR350 working and that went very well.
 I can't comment on stability but we used the little thing last night
 for live TV, pausing/skipping etc... as well as recording without
 difficulty so things are promising.

  The fact that I was able to watch live TV on the vga seems to
 have been a happy accident as after later reboots it was also
 having trouble while mplayer was doing well. Funny. I can
 only guess that the problem has something to do with the
 (presumably) generic trident X driver that is being used. There
 are VIA replacements for this driver (binary only I believe)
 but the emphasis on those has been for supporting TVout (which
 I don't have on the V10K). I only wanted the VGA support as
 a diagnostic baseline anyway so I'll probably relegate this
 to a much lower priority for the moment. There are plenty
 of other little things to sort out (like getting all the
 hardware stuffed into the little 8.5" X 11" X 3.5" box)

--

    Kevin
    katoom at pacbell.net