[mythtv-users] Import Playlists in Mythmusic

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Thu Mar 25 10:40:09 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 08:58, John wrote:
> I am wondering how mythmusic stores playlists.  I searched around and
> I could not find anything on this – are the playlists stored in an XML
> file somewhere or are they stored as WinAmp m3u playlists?  It would
> be great if Mythmusic could import my Winamp playlists or if I could
> create the playlists on a separate computer and then load them into
> mythmusic.  I am sure this is possible, I just don’t know in which
> file(s) the playlists are stored.  Any help would be much appreciated!

If I remember correctly, it stores them in the database as a list of
song IDs. I had problems a while back of Myth accidentally removing all
my music in the DB during a scan if the directory setting was incorrect.
I'd fix that setting and rescan, but everything would have new IDs so
none of the playlists would work. To get around this I wrote a quick
Perl script to dump the DB to m3u and vice versa. You could give it a
try:

http://www.foofus.net/m0j0/mythtv/m3u2myth.pl

I haven't touched this in a while, so the things may have changed in the
DB layout, etc. Hopefully it still works and doesn't delete your whole
drive or something. ;)

Joe