[mythtv-users] M179 vs. PVR-250. was: ivtv firmware 2.02 or 1.9 ?

Adrian Gomez me at adriangomez.com
Thu Mar 25 11:16:00 EST 2004

> > I've been posting to the ivtv list for help, and the consensus over
> > there
> > on the interference issue is that the M179 cards did not have as much
> > attention paid to shielding, and that M179s should be wrapped in
> > shielding
> > somehow. One guy has his M179 in the very last slot and wrapped in
> > shielding to good results.

I pasted contact paper to the shinny side of aluminum foil, wrapped the card in
it, and then cut two holes one for the pci slot and one for the fan. The
quality of the picture and the sound improved considerably (Although the sound
still had some noise).

At 1:30 am after tossing and turning for hours, the fear that the paper was
going to catch fire inside the box and that I hadn't tested the smoke detectors
in years, resulted in me waking up and removing the paper aluminum foil
contraption from the card.