[mythtv-users] Patch for tv_grab_na_dd

Sam Hathaway list.mythtv-users at munkynet.org
Thu Mar 25 11:54:25 EST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 8:32 PM, Harry Orenstein wrote:

> I haven't seen any action on this front, and I
> always wanted to submit a patch for Myth
> (to give something back, not because I have
> any issues).
>
> Given that tv_grab_na_dd just came out and
> is supposed to replace tv_grab_na, I thought
> this would be an easy place to give back.
>
> I hope the patch is in the proper format to be
> applied against CVS (I downloaded the CVS
> version of filldata.cpp just to be sure).  I also
> hope that someone who also has access to
> the dev list will repost it there.  ;-)

Hi,

If you don't feel like patching Myth (like if you installed from mdz's
Debian packages), you can use it by creating a wrapper script and
changing the cron entry for mythfilldatabase:

1. Register for DataDirect

2. As your mythtv user, run tv_grab_na_dd --configure

3. Create the script /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase-dd with contents:

#!/bin/sh
# the name of your DataDirect lineup
lineup="Cox Communications"
# the ID of the MythTV videosource (usually 1 -- check your database)
sourceid=4
tmp=`tempfile`
tv_grab_na_dd --lineup "$lineup" --output "$tmp" --old_chan_id &&
mythfilldatabase --file "$sourceid" -1 "$tmp"

You technically don't need to specify --lineup if you only have one
defined, but it doesn't hurt.

4. Change your crontab to call mythfilldatabase-dd instead of
mythfilldatabase.