[mythtv-users] Getting sound from LiveTV through PCI bus

Peter Shipley ps at nomensa.com
Thu Mar 25 13:42:27 EST 2004

Hi all,

As usual this may have been asked before but I have yet to find a
suitable response to use.

The problem is I have a "standard" Hauppauge TV tuner - WinTV-radio most
likely (bt878 card) and I am trying to get the sound sent via the PCI
bus rather than any sort of patch cable from the TV tuner line out to
sound card line in (which doesn't seem to work either !)

Sound is definitely coming out of the tuner card line out.
Videos play fine coming out of the standard PC line out (on board sound).

I am running Debian unstable and would be glad to provide any further
information to help clarify this problem but it seems to be some sort of
dsp/mixer issue.

Sound is setup in MythTV to use /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer

This has had me stuck for a while so any help is appreciated.

Regards

Peter