[mythtv-users] Anyone compaired Pundit Svideo to PVR-350 TV out?

Eric A. Litman elitman at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 13:49:09 EST 2004

Consider getting a card with an external antenna connection:

http://www.demarctech.com/products/reliawave-rwz/reliawave-rwz-100mw-prism2-5-pcmcia-card.html

Running at 100mw, you should have no problem connecting to your neighbor's
access point. If you can come up with a good enough story, you may even be
able to buy one of the 180mw or 300mw cards, appropriate for accessing the
Starbucks hotspot down the street (just don't tell the FCC if you're in the
US). By comparison, most off-the-shelf CardBus wireless cards run at 30mw.

While this card has the power to run near an AP without an antenna, you'll
probably want to improve reception and save a bit on power by using a flat
omni antenna you can affix to the side of the case. I have a 4.5dBi Maxrad
(about 7"x1") attached to the cover of my ThinkPad with double-sided tape.
This card takes a reverse polarity MMCX connection, and the guys @ Demarc
can attach the right pigtail for you if you buy it from them.

The card uses a Prism2.5 chipset with solid Linux, *BSD, Win98/ME/2K/XP and
MacOS9/X support.

-Eric