[mythtv-users] Backend suggestions please - h/ware & distro

Jon Whitear mythtv at whitear.org
Thu Mar 25 16:44:11 EST 2004

Simon, Jarod,

Thanks for the pointers. It's looking like FC1 on the backend is the way
to go.

Simon: Did you have to do anything to get your DVB-T cards to work, such
as get an updated kernel, or did they work out of the box? (I mean, come
on... this is Linux! Out of the box?! Pah! :-) Just FYI, I've had my EPIA
running DVB under Windows, and (with hardware acceleration running) it is
plenty powerful enough for SDTV. Unfortunately, the on-board MPEG
accelerator doesn't like HDTV at all. My concerns about performance are
more with the backend.

Cheers,

Jon