[mythtv-users] weighing the differences - PVR350/250

Chris Delis cedelis at uillinois.edu
Thu Mar 25 17:24:04 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 03:23:43PM -0500, Khanh Tran wrote:
> Other than the obvious "because it's got an MPEG-2 decoder", what's the
> benefit of having a PVR350 over a PVR250?  I know that it's got on-board
> s-video output and saves cpu cycles when watching MPEG-2 video.  I know

The S-Video output looks flawless.  It makes my FX5200's TVOUT look
terrible by comparison.  Of course, this is what I've witnessed with my
setup & configuration, so as always YMMV...

I think stability is attainable but not trivial.  Currently, using the
350 for DVD viewing is also not trivial and still has issues.  I'm pretty
sure that eventually this will get ironed out in the future (not an issue
for me since I use a set top DVD).