[mythtv-users] Wrote a script for skipping unwanted seasons of shows

David Blevins david.blevins at visi.com
Thu Mar 25 18:41:38 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:14:57PM -0500, Daniel Walton wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, David Blevins wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 02:41:38PM -0500, Daniel Walton wrote:
> I may tweak your script give the option of querying epguides.com or sucking in a
> tab delimated file.

Along that lines, you could add the ability to spit show data from the
episode table into a tab-delimited file and reload it again.  Then you
could tweek till your heart is content.

Maybe something like:

  mythtvepisodes -export "The Simpsons" thesimpsons.txt
  (edit thesimpsons.txt as you wish)
  mythtvepisodes -import thesimpsons.txt

> What are you feeding in as the description since this isn't available on
> epguides.com?

The episode table doesn't contain description.  Basically I look for
rows in the program table that have the same title and subtitle (and
are marked as unwanted) in the episode table, then I add them to
oldrecorded.  The net effect is the records in oldrecorded come from
the program table, just as they would if the show had really been
recorded.

The long and short is that the script only tries to block unwanted
episodes, not add episodes to be recorded, so if it fails for whatever
reason you simply end up with an episode you didn't want--rather than
missing the episode all together as would happen if it tried to
schedule shows you did want.

-David