[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 122

Steven Zebrowski szebro1 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 19:53:01 EST 2004

>FWIW, I just started seeing this same behavior the last couple of nights
>when watching recordings.  Frontend will hang, no audio, freeze frame,
>no remote input (ESC).  When I ssh to the box to restart mythfrontend, I
>can see that it's pegged the CPU at 100%.  As luck would have it, both
>times I had run mythfrontend by "hand" (because of a previous freeze),
>so I wasn't logging.  Both of my occurences happened after "input", i.e.
>I was fast-forwarding, or trying to escape out of a recording.
>
>I plan on digging into it this weekend, and if I find the 'cause I'll
>post back to the list.

Thanks!

I should also include that I can record and watch my recordings with no
troubles whatsoever, and they look pristine.  this only occurs when I am
watching live TV.

since everything else works so well, i'm inclined to think it's that I just
have some MythTV setting set to a not-good value.  Apart from that, I'm
thinking it could be memory, but I don't have any other problems when I'm
NOT in MythTV.

Thanks!

Steve Z

ps, i'm running BlackBox for a window manager.