[mythtv-users] is it possible to use PVR 350 NTSC in PAL country?

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sat Mar 27 04:30:28 EST 2004

Steve Conner wrote:

>Assume I have a PVR 350 PAL card,  is it possible to simulate/produce PAL
>signal in the U.S. to test the PVR 350 PAL's tuner ?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Steve

Only if you can generate a modulated PAL signal somehow. The PVR-350
cannot, it does not contain a (re-)modulator. If you have a multi
standard VCR you should be able to generate a PAL signal, if you use a
recorded PAL encoded program. No multi-standard VCR will do standard
conversion. Another option is a multi-standard DVD player where you can
set the output to PAL. That will generate a valid PAL signal.

Rudy