[mythtv-users] SuSE 9 and MythTV Setup

Torsten Rupp torsten.rupp at gmx.net
Sat Mar 27 04:26:15 EST 2004

Dear Khann,

> I've been trying to run setup after successfully compiling MythTV on
> SuSE9.  However, I get the following error when I run setup:
>
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> Unable to connect to database!
> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
> Unable to open database:
> Driver error was:
> Driver not loaded
> Database error was:
> Driver not loaded

I'm also using Suse9, but I recompiled QT by myself. For this the configure
option -qt-sql-mysql was important, because otherwise no MySQL driver was
included and I got the same error message like you.

> I do have qt-mysql installed from SuSE packages.  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks!

Maybe try to compile QT by yourself. I used version 3.3.0b1 with the following
configure line:

configure -prefix /usr/local/qt -thread -qt-sql-mysql -I /usr/include/mysql
-L/usr/lib

Please make sure the MySQL developer files (devel) are installed.

Bye,

Torsten