[mythtv-users] Re: Question about kernels and Jarod's guide...

Chua KianTeck chua_kianteck at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 11:52:00 EST 2004

> Actually, its what you're adding, not what you're missing. ;-)
>
> Try:
> # apt-get install kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at
>
> Don't put the arch and rpm on the end. apt does that for you. Trust
> me, it'll get the right kernel for your Athlon.

Tried to use the above command without any success.  No idea why it
should happen.  Is there anything that I should change in
/etc/apt/sources.list ?

Anyway, I tried synaptic and am able to see the
kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at package.  I installed it using
synaptic instead.

Ok, it's getting late in Singapore, and I'm gonna hit the bed.  Will
proceed to rebuild the nforce2 drivers tomorrow.

KianTeck