[mythtv-users] Can't get mythvideo to work

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Sat Mar 27 11:59:33 EST 2004

Hi all

So I have been fairly successful with the basics: mhythtv, weather, news.
Now I want to start playing some of my saved vids on my windows box.  I
have the samba share down, and am able to have mythvideo recognize all the
vids and give me a list of them.  The problem is, when I select play on
one of them, it will put a big message "Loading ... VideoName" on the
screen for a sec or two and then that disappears to the what it wsa
before.  In essence, it does not even try to play the video.  I have full
read perms for all users when i do an ls -la of the video directory.

Any idea what is going on here?  It is a PVR-350 I am using, and I have
this problem with all vids, wheter they are vcd, svcd, divx, avi or mpg

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabe