[mythtv-users] A basic question about setup (hopefully)

Owen B. Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Sat Mar 27 14:49:19 EST 2004

I just set up MythTV using RH 9 and the same guide you're using, I
think. I had a similar problem, and tracked it down to audio settings.
My recollection is that this isn't made very clear in the MythTV docs,
but Myth needs audio to work in order for it to be able to synch and
show you video. Can you copy an MP3 to your Myth box and play it? Did
you plug in a patch cable from the audio out on your capture card to the
line-in of your main sound card? Did you set up Alsa correctly (even
though my system had working OSS support for its card, Myth wouldn't
work without Alsa)? Look in this direction for a solution to your
problem. Good luck!

/Owen