[mythtv-users] Introduction

Spümcø spumco at wowway.com
Sat Mar 27 17:25:47 EST 2004

MythTV Users,

Hello.  I've been lurking in this list on and off, and running MythTV,
since the 0.8 release.  Recently, my "test" MythTv boxen died, and I've
been compiling a list of components for a new one.  I plan on
purchasing in the next week, so I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Detailed list: http://tinyurl.com/2q9m3 (link goes to newegg)

- Shuttle XPC Barebone System for Socket A at 400MHz FSB AMD CPU,
Silver Model SN41G2V2
- AMD Athlon XP 3200+ "Barton", 400MHz FSB, 512K Cache Processor
- Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
- Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 7Y250P0
- NEC 8X Silver DVD+RW/-RW Drive, Model ND-2500A
- Hauppauge PCI Video Recorder, TV/FM Tuner Card, Model "WinTV PVR 350"
- Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo USB/PS2 104keys
- Logitech Cordless RumblePad USB (x2)
- POWERCOM 3+1 Outlets UPS, Model "EBK-350S"

For those interested, here is a link to pictures of my test MythTV
setup before it was retired:
http://www.wowway.com/~cremaster/mythtv.html

Thanks for reading,

Spümcø