[mythtv-users] DVD Menu Navigation

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 22:06:44 EST 2004

Quite a few months ago, I tried compiling dvdnav into
MPlayer, and I didn't have much success.  However,
things may have changed since then, I'm not sure.

I use Xine for playing DVDs on my system.  Here are
the command lines that I use:
DVD: xine -D -pfhq --auto-scan dvd
VCD: xine -D -pfhq --auto-scan vcdo

These commands:
1. Turn on deinterlacing (-D)
2. Auto-play (-p), fullscreen (f), hide the GUI (h),
quit after playback (q)
3. Select the type of device we play (--auto-scan
dvd/vcdo)

-- Joe