[mythtv-users] PVR250, has video but no sound

Jared Luxenberg ziplux at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 01:41:22 EST 2004

To reply with more information, I have found that the recordings I make with
the PVR250 do have sound, but when I play them back in MythTV the sound is
not outputed to the speakers.  (I determined this by playing them back in
mplayer and on my Windows computer using DSMyth)  I am using ALSA with OSS
emulation on /dev/dsp and the sound is going out the digital coax output
port to my receiver.  MythTV is able to play back the sound in recordings
that I made with my old bttv card (an ATI TV Wonder VE).

- Jared