[mythtv-users] MythVideo Mplayer AC3 Audio

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Sun Mar 28 12:32:06 EST 2004

Hi-

I'm currently calling mplayer from MythVideo to play my DVDs I ripped
from MythDVD. The system is running on an Asus A7N266-VM using nvaudio
to drive the S/PDIF output. Unfortunately, my stereo is showing me that
the audio is not "Dolby Digital". If I add the '-ac hwac3' option to
mplayer the stereo does show "Dolby Digital". With this option audio is
playing great, but video is stuck on a single frame. Any ideas on how I
get the best of both audio and video?

Thanks,
Joe