[mythtv-users] More feature requests

S. Baker bakers at erols.com
Sun Mar 28 16:19:37 EST 2004

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Scott Rowe wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for the mostly correct interpretation.  Since there appears to
be some confusion as to exactly what I meant by my questions, I will
reiterate in a form that the people who misunderstood might be able
to comprehend:

1.  I posted before, and saw no response.  I noticed that for some
reason that post was put in the archive as though it were a reply
to some other post (the email I received had no indication of that,
though, so I didn't understand what happened).  Since most other feature
requests garner at least one or two replies, I was concerned that no-one
had seen it.

2.  I meant my post as a pure feature request at this time.  I did start
to look at the code to see if I could implement the zoom feature at the
time I first proposed it, but I just don't have the kind of time right
now.  Especially starting from no knowledge of the code.

Which leads me back to my first thought when writing this reply:  I want
to thank (not) the extremely unhelpful first reply to my email (I'm
not even going to bother going to look up who it was).  If you had
really wanted me to produce code, you would have said something
helpful, like giving some ideas on how to implement it and where to
look in the myth code.  What you said, something to the effect of
'go write it', was not helpful, productive, or in any way conducive
to getting the job done.  It was just petty.

I do want to thank all the people who have worked hard on this project.
My MythTV is currently down trying to change from mandrake 9.2 to
fedora to try to get rid of the frequent crashing that seems to be
caused by the nvidia driver.  I'm not sure that fedora is going to
help, since I recently found a very repeatable way to crash it, that
has nothing whatsoever to do with MythTV.  I look forward to finding
a solution that works for me and getting back to using, and perhaps
in the future developing for this wonderful project.

S. Baker
bakers at erols.com