[mythtv-users] Questions about mythtv and if its what I need

hondaman hondaman at hardcs.com
Sun Mar 28 16:47:46 EST 2004

I am kind of confused about the front end and back end parts of mythtv.
If I understand it, I should be able to do this:

Have diskless clients (front ends?) for my tv's in each room

Have a central sever (backend?) that will record, store, and serve
media, including movies I already have, and mp3's and pictures.

In other words, the backend, or server, does ALL the heavy duty work
such as encoding, decoding, ect. so that the front end computers really
dont need to be all that substantial since the work is being done elsewhere?

Thank you for your help.