[mythtv-users] Re: Question about kernels and Jarod's guide...

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 29 04:12:32 EST 2004

On Mar 27, 2004, at 08:52, Chua KianTeck wrote:

>> Actually, its what you're adding, not what you're missing. ;-)
>>
>> Try:
>> # apt-get install kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at
>>
>> Don't put the arch and rpm on the end. apt does that for you. Trust
>> me, it'll get the right kernel for your Athlon.
>>
> Tried to use the above command without any success.  No idea why it
> should happen.  Is there anything that I should change in
> /etc/apt/sources.list ?

Nope, should have worked. Works fine for me...

> Anyway, I tried synaptic and am able to see the
> kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at package.  I installed it using
> synaptic instead.

Synaptic is nothing more than a GUI wrapper to command-line apt, so
command-line should have worked. I can't recall if synaptic executes an
apt-get update when you first fire it up, so perhaps it did, then the
package was actually installable, I dunno.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/