[mythtv-users] Re: RE:Can't get mythvideo to work

Jason D. Agostoni jason at agostoni.net
Mon Mar 29 08:02:14 EST 2004

I had reported earlier that I had the same problem with MythVideo but
the fixes listed didn't work for me.  When I ran mplayer on the console
it crapped out with errors about CPU support which reminded me that I
have a Via C3 Samuel2.  I simply used apt to get a different version of
mplayer (with more generic CPU support) and pointed MythVideo to the
different version a voila!  It works great ... just one question...

When watching a 16:9 video on a 4:3 tv I get a band at the top and
bottom of the video (as expected) but instead of those being black they
are the background of  my theme.  My command-line options are currently
-fs -zoom -vo x11 but if I remove -zoom the 16:9 now fills the screen
but either the edges are cut off or the video is morphed to fit the
screen (4:3).  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason