[mythtv-users] feature idea: links in mythweb tosmb/ftp/http files

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Mar 29 15:01:06 EST 2004

> It would seem to me the advantage of using the myth:// protocol identifier
> would be of  greater relevance to those who have multiple backend setups and
> want a single server to sort out where a particular recorded show may exist.

Yes.  although a BETTER solution would be to use a standard URI type
like http over another port so mythweb could proxy the data if need be,
and so that people who use both windows and linux could access the
recordings.

What port does myth:// map to?  I can just map this directly via
mythweb, which would even be smart enough to know which backend a
particular recording lives on.  This would definitely help people whose
web client boxes live in a different zone than the myth backend(s).

-Chris