[mythtv-users] GNOME ALSA mixer keeps resetting itself after restart

Claus M. Christiansen a at skjern-net.dk
Mon Mar 29 15:37:55 EST 2004

The ALSA driver is, oddly enough, set to mute by standard and resets
itself everytime you restart. As far as I remember you can save the
setting by using the command:
  alsactl store
and use the oposite
  alsactl restore
in order to restore the sound volumes. If you don't want to do this
yourself everytime, you could make a small script containg:
#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
    start)
          alsactl restore
          ;;
    stop)
          alsactl store
          ;;
    *)
       ;;
esac

Perhaps name it alsasound.sh, giving it chmod +x and adding it to your
default runlevel for execution each time you start and halt your computer...
Note: alsactl has to been on your path.
Note2: I havn't actually tested the script but it should work, it is not
the most complicated one :-)

Hopes this solves it for you...

Claus