[mythtv-users] Problems updating myth packages on Fedora.

bishop bishop at platypus.bc.ca
Mon Mar 29 20:55:28 EST 2004

Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Monday 29 March 2004 09:26, Ijaaz A. Ullah wrote:
>
>>I've installed myth on Fedora using Jarod's excellent how-to.  Today, I
>>tried to run update the system, using the command:
>>
>>export MYKERNEL=`uname -r`
>>apt-get update
>>apt-get install mythtv-suite
>>apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r` ivtv
>>
>>Here's what happens:
>>

>>export MYKERNEL=`uname -r`
>>[root at barney root]# apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$MYKERNEL ivtv
>>Reading Package Lists... Done
>>Building Dependency Tree... Done
>>The following packages will be upgraded
>>  ivtv ivtv-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at
>>2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 24 not upgraded.
>>Need to get 0B/143kB of archives.
>>After unpacking 24.0kB of additional disk space will be used.
>>Committing changes...
>>Preparing...                ###########################################
>>[100%]
>>        file /usr/bin/radio from install of
>>ivtv-0.1.10-26_cvs20040326.rhfc1.at conflicts with file from package
>>xawtv-3.91-0_11.rhfc1.at
>>E: Error while running transaction
>>

>>Any suggestions on what to get?
>

> Yeah, this issue just popped up, and Axel is already aware, with updated ivtv
> rpms on the way to address the problem. The radio app was added to ivtv,
> which conflicts with the radio app from xawtv. The two fixes are 1) wait for
> new rpm that rename's ivtv's radio app to radio-ivtv, or 2) rpm -e xawtv
> before apt-getting ivtv. You don't have any use for xawtv if you only have an
> ivtv card anyhow (though I'm not sure if there are going to be dependency
> problems if you try to pull xawtv...)

I can verify that there are no dep issues if one pulls xawtv.  I've done
it all three times on my recent setup attempts, and it causes no
complaints anywhere else in the guide .. at least the parts I saw.

--
	WAP is the sound a clunky Internet-enabled cellphone makes
	when you throw it at a brick wall in frustration.