[mythtv-users] bt848 tuner input won't work, but composite works. Help!

Apollo (Carmel Entertainment) lists at carmelme.com
Mon Mar 29 21:54:02 EST 2004

I have STB TV Pro BT848 based card. I tried to work it with XAWTV, composite and
Svideo inputs work, but tunner input will not. If I try to use it with MyThTV,
it locks up MyThTV and I have to restart the system every time. It also does not
pass along audio into my C-Media card spdif out.

Here is the lspci -v

00:0f.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt848 Video Capture
(rev 12)
	Memory at cddff000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

00:11.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
	Subsystem: Unknown device 17ab:0604
	I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
	Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version

modules.conf

path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias eth0 sis900
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias usb-controller2 ehci-hcd
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.3 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
alias sound-slot-0 snd-cmipci
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Here is my modprobe.conf

include /etc/modprobe.conf.dist
alias eth0 sis900
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx