[mythtv-users] lirc fails to start on bootup but works when run manually

homebreweverything homebreweverything at myway.com
Tue Mar 30 10:09:17 EST 2004

It's working because it contains a race condition. If mythbackend loads before lircd, it will work. If you reverse them, it will not. My modified modules.conf removes this race condition. It will properly load drivers as needed, regardless of when mythbackend or lircd is loaded, since lirc_i2c is labelled as being dependant on ivtv. I think my modules.conf will work for more people because of this, with less startup script changes, and in situations where maybe mythbackend shouldn't be loaded at all.

Mike