[mythtv-users] MythTV DVD vs DVD Player

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 30 13:25:22 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shay - MythTV" <mythtv at highstyleweb.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 10:57 AM

> Are there any real visual or audio advantages to using MythTV to play my
> dvd's versus using a decent dvd player?  Other than not having that extra
> component obviously.
>
> -Shay

On my el-cheopo TV I can't tell the difference between the two.  Maybe on a
real expensive fancy TV you will??  I'm using the PVR-350 TV out card.
The advantage to Myth is that as soon as you pop a DVD in and select it on
the menu it's up on the screen almost instantly (at least on my box, 2.4Ghz
cel).  With our regular DVD player (about 2 years old now) it takes a good
15 or 20 seconds before a DVD's on the screen to watch.

Malcolm