[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV like a 1970 Zenith??

Slim Van de Lijn slimvdl at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 16:10:01 EST 2004

>>Slim Van de Lijn wrote:
>> I only run the front end when I want to watch TV or
snip
>> Any ideas?

>Reduce your capture res from 640x480 to 480x480.
>
>--  bjm
>
>http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html#ss21.3
>http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.28

I changed the resolution because picture quality was
unacceptable. Following your link I did look into
making the resolution more secam friendly. I'm now at
640x512 and I do think the image is much better
looking, ie not just because the vres is a little
higher. I'm still getting no video the first few times
I load a recording, however.

Thanks for the ideas though.