[mythtv-users] IVTV 1.10 Question (for PVR-250 MCE rev2)

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Tue Mar 30 19:07:00 EST 2004

I was wonderring if anyone could tell me how I use the new cardtype
parameter found in the IVTV 1.10 update. I need to specify my PVR-250 card
as being a revision 2 instead of a revision 1. From their website:

You can specify multiple types, ie to set card 0 to a rev2, and card 1 to a
rev1:
insmod ivtv cardtype=2,1
or, to just specify card 2 as a rev1:
insmod ivtv cardtype=,1

Do I need to specify this in my /etc/modules.conf file somewhere? If so,
what is the format? Do I simply put that line in anywhere? I believe this is
causing a problem on my system where it will not boot unless I pull the card
out (it starts but hangs during the OS load).

Thanks for any help, I would search the IVTV mailing list but the search
engine seems to be having a problem.

Nate Thompson