[mythtv-users] he shoots. he scores!

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Mar 31 01:39:51 EST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 23:28, IvanK. wrote:
> Regarding the TV-out quality, any reason you're using the epia-m9000
> thingie instead of the PVR-350 (I assume you have one from the line
> "encoding with a 350")?
>
> Someone correct me, but the PVR-350 blows anything else clear out of the
> water.  In fact, I myself am using it and can say only good (make that very
> very good) words about it.

yes i agree
i have (yes i am sad) 4 boxes for myth
i have an athlon in the sittingroom with a 350 and some sort of nvidia for
tv-out. software decoding (so only really need a 250) and quality is
acceptable

i have an epia-m9000 in the bedroom with a 350 which does encoding/decoding.
tv quality is excellent but (and it is a big but) sound loopthrough and no
acceleration for X

i have this other epia-m9000 which i was trying to get the epia tv-out working
on. having both enabled me to do side by side comparisons.

now what i would be interested to know is if anybody had good quality output
from the epia? if the answer was yes, that indeed somebody had good output
then at least i would know it was worth continuing on my quest. however, if
it is never going to cut it then i'll cut my losses and try to make the 350
decoding configuration the one of choice.

> If you're interested, have a look at:
>
> http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutHowto (shameless plug
> here :-))

i go there *at least* once a day - if not a lot more

> and complement that with:
> http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=TvOutPal (I'm assuming you're
> using PAL)

yes, i'm using PAL