[mythtv-users] lirc and Xine

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 31 10:31:27 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Franco" <net.surfer at tiscalinet.it>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:02 AM

> > Not quite. Like Dan said, Xine (and mplayer) look for ~/.lircrc. Just
> > "ln -s ~/.mythtv/lircrc ~/.lircrc" and all will be happy, sharing the
> > same config file.
>
> Jarod,
>
> Are you doing that with the "hauppaugegray" lircrc that you made publicly
> available?  I had already tried that but it didn't work.
>
> I see from the other postings that other people have the same problem,
> _OR_ they modified the lircrc to to enable it to work with xine.
>
> Can you explain us the trick to make your lircrc to work
> also with xine/mplayer?
<snip>
> Franco

Franco, my research last night shows xine and mplayer use different .lircrc
files.  Xine as far as I can tell is hard coded to ~/.lircrc (although I
can't get it working yet).  mplayer allows you to specify -lircconf so I
start mplayer like this:
mplayer -lircconf ~/.mythtv/lirc-mplayer (and that actually works).

I edited my lirc-mplayer according to what I found by google searching and
it works.  Xine is another story.  Still working on it.

Malcolm