[mythtv-users] That redhat-artwork conflict -- other fix?

Christopher Vargas cv at chrisandmaria.com
Wed Mar 31 22:39:50 EST 2004

Working through Jarod's howto, trying to get MythTV up
and running on a nForce2-based Shuttle system. Trying
to apt-get install mythtv-suite, and it gives me the
following error:

> file /usr/share/themes/Default from install of
redhat-artwork-0.92-0.fdr.0.1 conflicts with file from
package gtk2-2.2.4-5.1

> file /usr/share/themes/Default from install of
redhat-artwork-0.92-0.fdr.0.1 conflicts with file from
package gtk+-1.2.10-28.1

> E: Error while running transaction

Searched for this in the mailing list archives, but
I've supposedly already done the recommended fix,
which is in the guide (comment out all
apt.kde-redhat.org lines in sources.list, do apt-get
update). Yet I'm still stuck here. It also didn't let
me rpm -e the artwork due to dependencies.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.