[mythtv-users] Re: Mythmusic on frontend

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Sat May 1 11:41:21 EDT 2004

James Orr <james at orrwhat.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 22:35, Poobah wrote:
>> I m having a problem with getting mythmusic to work on a separate
>> frontend/backend configuration.  I ripped a CD before splitting the
>> frontend off and cannot play it back.  The error I get is Decoder
>> error.  DecoderOgg: Failed to open input.  Error 5.
>>
>> When I try to import a CD, it gives me  Error opening output file:
>> /mnt/store/mythmusic/Pink Floyd
>
>> How does myth get the .ogg file to the frontend? Does it stream it
>> similar to video / TV, or does the frontend have to mount the music
>> directory?
>

> Mythmusic doesn't use the backend at all.  All it uses is the frontend
> and the database.  If you want to use multiple frontends you need to
> mount your music directory in the same place on all frontends.

Not true anymore. Iirc that changed with 0.14 (maybe in 0.13 already).
But the /mnt/store directory probably doesn't exist on the (now
separate) frontend. Go to the music settings for this frontend and set
the path to where you mount the mp3 directory from the backend.

Bye, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson