[mythtv-users] Third Frontend solution? XBox??

Phill Wiggin wigginp at mantech-wva.com
Mon May 3 12:59:02 EDT 2004

I've been using the Chameleon solderless modchip (3rd generation chip)
in my first xbox that I use as a Myth frontend.  I've had no need to
adjust the solderless adapter or the chip.  It's a really nice chip,
but unfortuantely for the OP, I believe it is no longer sold.  The
Xenium is the next generation of mod chip (4th gen).  It's features
are really nice.  As a matter of fact, I should be receiving mine
tomorrow  for use in my second xbox myth frontend.

The Xenium seems to be completely solderless as long as you don't have
a V1.5 xbox.  It uses the same solderless adapter as the chameleon;
it's a simple one-screw install.  Check out http://www.ozxodus.com for
more info.

The Xenium can apparently be turned off as well so you won't get
banned from xbox live. (The older chameleon chip did this too, but it
requried some minor soldering.)

- --Phill