[mythtv-users] ability to adjust the picture placement on each channel?

Jeff "Muddy" Waters mythtv at muddysmind.com
Mon May 3 14:16:33 EDT 2004

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted anything but after reading
over the thousands of email (ok, not them All but many) I have in my
myth-users folder I can't seem to find the answer so I thought I'd ask.

One thing I use mythtv for is to capture tv shows I want to archive to
cd. (history channel is the big one) When I get them moved over to my
workstation to edit them (or just watch them in mplayer) there is enough
black space on the right and bottom than when I crop the video and put
it back to 640x480 (what I captured it at) it's stretching the picture
badly.

Is there a way to make some change in the mythconverg database to have
it move the picture over some to adjust for this? I don't mind hacking
the db a bit or whatever it needed but it's been a thorn in my side for
months and I'm ready to fix it.  :-)

Also I'm not sure if it's a problem with my pvr-250 ,ivtv driver or myth
so I figured I'd start with mythtv.

Thanks for the input.

Jeff "Muddy" Waters