[mythtv-users] prebuilt pvrs for developers benefit?

sukeband at vzavenue.net sukeband at vzavenue.net
Mon May 3 17:51:51 EDT 2004

Hardware can’t be bought from online resellers or retailers,
they'd have from distributors or manufactures? Deals would
have to be made, and purchase orders would have to be written
up.

I believe there’s a market for both individuals that don’t
like having everything they watched monitored, and by people
that don’t like to pay for subscriptions in addition to Cable
and everything else. And for both TIVO and Replay (the large
companies here that market pvrs) they both tend to be a bit
pricey for a unit, plus a lifetime subscription. Both are 300
+ either 12.95 monthly USD, or 300 + 300 bucks for a
lifetime, subscription.

If it were marketed, I think it should be more a HTPC rather
than comparable to a TIVO. I dunno?