[mythtv-users] MythTV production run

Bryan Halter bhalter at schmeg.net
Tue May 4 01:04:13 EDT 2004

As much as I love MythTV $20/month or $240/year seems a bit steep.  One
of the main reasons I built my myth box was to avoid paying the TiVO
user fee.  If you took the whole userbase out there and collected a buck
or two per month (I'm assuming there's a fair userbase from the number
of people on that list) from all of them I don't think you'd get much of
an argument.  2 bucks a month is still 1k per month per 500 users,  I
don't know about the rest of you but I built a pretty slick myth box for
about 500 bucks.

just my $.02
Bryan