[mythtv-users] organising video files

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Tue May 4 10:41:27 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 15:28, Jason Lee wrote:
> Craig Tinson wrote:
> > however when I'm looking through the video list they will all still be
> > on that one screen right? I was looking at a way to view the films
> > organised "on screen".. ie a way to navigate through the folders "on
> > screen" in a list like the above diagram..
>
> If you go to the Video List (not Browse Videos) you will see a tree on
> screen that mimics the on disk tree structure you set up.  As another
> poster mentioned, though, you have to go to Manage Videos (?) first to
> make it refresh the DB with the on disk changes (unless you make the DB
> entries yourself like I do with my script).  My wife and I have an
> archive of Seinfeld episodes, a directory for streaming audio, and I
> have a small (but growing collection) of commercials I think are worth
> saving. :)  It's quite easy to navigate through them all, as they're all
> arranged in a neat tree on disk and on screen.

Can you elaborate on this a bit ?  Cause I tried to play a mythtv .nuv file by
mplayer but mplayer doesn't like it one bit.  (It may be a codec issue but
just about everything else I throw at mplayer works just fine).
So, did you transcode in order to do that or do you deploy a PVRx50 (which
outputs plain old mpeg2 instead of the nuppelvideo / mpeg4 I get off my card)

Maarten

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.