[mythtv-users] Multiple inputs/tuners

Stephen Longhurst steve at longsteve.com
Tue May 4 12:12:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,

There is an interesting thread from July last year archived here
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-July/011294.html which I
think describes the kind of setup I am striving to achieve.  I wonder
if anyone could elaborate on the idea please?

I have 2 analogue tuners and a digital tuner.  Analogue one tunes
directly into the cable TV signal from the wall.  Analogue two is
connected to the output of my cable box and can get the few channels
that are encrypted that analogue one can't tune into.  Then there is the
digital card that gets all the UK Freeview channels.  I've defined the
3 video sources, and have an EPG with lots of duplicate channels since
there is quite a bit of overlap.

Can I somehow configure this so that the duplicate channels are not
shown on the EPG?  The aforementioned thread briefly mentions
mythfilldatabase --preset, but I'm not sure what I should do with
this.  I'm using the latest CVS (well, as of this weekend).

Thanks,

       Steve

--
Stephen Longhurst