[mythtv-users] prebuilt pvrs for developers benefit?

Peter Lee petel at cs.cmu.edu
Tue May 4 12:23:39 EDT 2004

I agree with the idea that the most obvious business potential in MythTV is
in the high-end super-customized home-theater market.  The installation and
configuration would go for $3K-$5K and would provide something truly unique
and very highly personalized to the high-end customer (eg, UI themes
designed specifically for the customer, etc).

The main issue here is that this kind of business goes well beyond just
building linux boxes.  Probably there would be a significant amount of
general contracting involved (to build theater space, racks, lighting
controls, etc), integration, and so on.  So the overheads would be a lot
higher.

Peter